Saturday, July 25, 2009

"Who Made This Cake?"

We have a new favorite book at our house. I think David and I like it as much as Rowan.

What could be more fun than an army of tiny, earnest construction workers who take on secret cooking jobs with their "big" equipment? Think of front loaders shoveling butter into dump trucks, cranes cracking eggs, helicopters landing decorations on top. The words are minimal but the illustrations are beautifully done and full of stories.

And now, when I cook, all I can think about is what I might need an excavator for, if I was one-inch tall.

4 comments:

  1. I love kids books! I'm going to look for this one next time I'm giving a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just a little scary Sis, as you know the joke around here is what next can your father find to do with his excavator -like loading cattle! Like father, like daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute idea, show it to me Saturday if you still have it.

    ReplyDelete