Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Menu

We will be alone for Thanksgiving this year. I am taking comfort in planning and cooking as if we weren't. Maybe we will will find a lonely college student in the next week, and just in case, this is what we will entice them with.

Thanksgiving Menu 2009

Cajun Spiced Cornish Game Hens with Cornbread Stuffing
Potato and Fennel Gratin
Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Pistachios
Southern Sweet Potato Casserole
Cranberry Sauce with Orange
Crescent Rolls
Pumpkin Pie

There. I feel better.

6 comments:

  1. Are you sure you can't come cook all that lovely stuff out here? April feels like way too long a wait to hang out and eat your er-mazing food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I think we can make it over for that. what time huh?
    Seriously, it sounds wonderful and I think you're putting my plans to shame over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, too bad we're not sticking around! I can't wait to see what's on the menu for Christmas Eve :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you plan to be alone again next year, please let us know. I think we can arrange to put you out of your misery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were alone this year too, for the first time in years, my family didn't make it from the 4 corners. But we made a heck of a meal, and our college friend Georgia spent the night before and helped us cook and eat so it was good! Instead of the potato fennel gratin, we made potato leek gratin with gruyere.

    ReplyDelete